Wireless Services Experience
Like Project References
Houston Airport System
Mr. Jeff Kelly
Airport Business Development Manager
Houston Airport System
City of Houston
PO Box 60106
Houston, TX 77205-0106
Telephone (281) 233-1827
Telefax (281) 233-7564
Web page: http://iah.houstonairportsystem.org
The initial phases of the in-building system at Bush Intercontinental Airport were completed in 2007 and 2008. Wireless Services began maintaining the system there in 2008. The system is a combination of Power Wave and MobileAccess equipment. Additional phases will be completed over the coming years and we will be responsible for the maintenance of those phases.
Following are some quick facts about George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- More than 10,000 acres.
- IAH currently ranks 2nd in the United States among U.S. airports with scheduled non-stop domestic and international service (181 destinations), trailing only Atlanta Hartsfield with 190 destinations.
- 36 million passengers through IAH in 2004 and 44 million passengers through IAH and HOU.
- 771 daily departures at IAH.
- With 30 destinations in Mexico, IAH offers service to more Mexican destinations than any other US airport.
- 10th busiest airport in the U.S. for total passengers (from ACI-NA, 2004 N. Amer. Traffic Report).
- 7th largest international passenger gateway in the nation (ACI-NA World Traffic Report 2004).
- 20 passenger airlines operate out of IAH.
- Five passenger terminals and one International Arrivals Building (IAB) for international traveler.
- 14 all-cargo airlines at IAH, handled more than 7.8 billion pounds of cargo in 2004.
Ernest N. Morial New Orleans Convention Center
Mr. Bobby Carlisle
900 Convention Center Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70130
Telephone (504) 582-3095
Telefax (504) 582-3094
Web page: http://mccno.com
Wireless Services was brought in to maintain this in building system in 2008 upon th termination of the contract with the previous maintenance company. We have since made a number of changes that resulted in better performance for the wireless carriers. All of the carriers in the new Orleans market are on the system.
Following are a few facts regarding the MCCNO:
- 1.1 million square feet of contiguous exhibit space on one level in one building.
- Total Exhibit Space - 12 separate but combinable exhibit halls—all under one roof, on one level.
- Meeting Room Capacity - 140 upper level meeting rooms.
- Two luxurious ballrooms: La Louisiana (30,487sq.ft.) & La Nouvelle Orleans (36,448sq. ft.).
- Conference Auditorium - 4,032-seat conference center auditorium, divisible into three separate sections.
- The system is fully scalable. Currently, MCCNO is contemplating a 400,000 square foot expansion. The CWAS will be expanded into this additional area. We will be instrumental in the design, installation, testing and acceptance, support, training and project management of the expansion.
Reliant Park, Houston, TX
Mr. Paul Darst
Director of Technical Services
One Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054
Telephone (832) 667-1432
Telefax (832) 667-1457
Reliant Park Campus consists of Reliant Stadium; Reliant Center; Reliant Astrodome; Reliant Arena and the Training Center. We have maintained this system since its completion for the Super Bowl in 2004.
Mr. Nick Dornford, IT Manager
One Stadium Place
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Telephone (904) 633-6123
Everbank Stadium Facility
Everbank Stadium CWAS Project is a campus environment consisting of Everbank Stadium; Veterans Memorial Arena; and, Prime Osborne Convention Center. The Convention Center is located approximately three miles from the Stadium and connected to the CWAS. Everbank Stadium was the home of the Super Bowl XXXIV on February 6, 2005. We have maintained the system since then.
Mr. Mark Woloszyn, IT/Telecom Manager
2000 Brush Street, Suite 200
Detroit, MI 48226
Telephone (313) 262-2000
Telefax (313) 262-2239
Ford Field was a brand new state of the art stadium completed for the Super Bowl in 2006. They have very strict architectural requirements that must be followed. We have maintained the system since its completion.
French Quarter DAS
NewPath Networks, LLC.
1300 N. Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98103
Wireless Services assisted with the construction and currently maintains this unique system that utilizes street signs to transmit the wireless signal. Design, construction and maintenance are critical in the historic French Quarter of New Orleans, LA.
New Orleans Superdome and Arena
3838 N.J. Causeway Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002
Wireless Services assisted with the construction of the Superdome DAS in 2003 and coverage extension in the Arena. Wireless Services has monitored and maintained the system since it was deployed. We are currently involved in upgrades to the system in anticipation of the Super Bowl to be held there in 2013.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport Administration
Theodore A. Kaplan
ASSISTANT CITY ATTORNEY
CHARLOTTE DOUGLAS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
GCREC executed a full turnkey self-performed common hosted DAS for the City of Charlotte in 2012 on schedule and under budget. GCREC maintains and monitors this system and all carriers but T-Mobile occupies the system. The system was fully integrated at the start as an LTE / MIMO system.
Additional Notable Facilities Enhanced by Wireless Services:
- Oschner Hospital - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Houston Hobby Airport – Houston, Texas
- Tulane Medical School – New Orleans, Louisiana
- VA Hospital – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Driscoll Hospital – Corpus Christi, Texas
- Touro Hospital – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Smithsonian Institution – Washington D.C.
- HCA Baptist Hospital – Montgomery, Alabama
- Harris Casino – Tunica, Mississippi
- Zapp’s Potato Chip Facility – Gramercy, Louisiana
- ATF Brunswick – Brunswick, Georgia
- Paulding High Schools – Paulding County Georgia
- Honda Precision Parts Facility – Atlanta, Georgia
- Mercer University – Macon and Atlanta, Georgia
- Georgia Highway and Transportation – Atlanta, Georgia
- International Hotel Group Corporate Head Quarters – Atlanta, Georgia
- Devon Energy – Houston, Texas
- Devon Energy – Riverton, Wyoming
Additional references may be provided upon request.